Thursday, March 26, 2009

Pleasant Acres


So we’ve begun the stomach-churning process of looking for a house. You have no idea how many spreadsheets we’ve made and pored over in the past two weeks. It looks like, if everything works out, we may end up making an offer on the first and only home we’ve actually taken a look at (pictured above). We’re going today to see some undoubtedly-inferior dwellings, just to be certain our liking of this house was really love at first sight and not just a one-night stand. The minute I envisioned myself getting tea from the fridge at midnight in my underwear, I knew it would be hard for another place to win me over. I know, the name makes it sound like we’d be moving into a retirement community, but from what we can tell, there are actually a good number of young families there. So, wish us luck that on our second date (we’re seeing the house again tonight) we don’t start noticing a bunch of wrinkles and belches.

No comments:

Post a Comment